This week I took some of the advice given to me during last week’s critique. I had some leftover Matte paper from last year that I found and used that for the plants I made. The thickness of the paper definitely made it easier to cut the small parts of the plants I drew out. Due to this past weeks weather I was able to go outside more and I found a lot of good references for my plants in my front yard.
There are a bunch of clovers in front and on the side of my apartment. They are actually one of my favorite plants in real life because of the relation to my birth month, so I wanted to create a clover plant.
I decided to make three of these total to complete today’s work.
I love this plant sooooo much!!! Its like a spiky sea urchin flower! Last week I wanted to make a spiky-like plant but I couldn’t come up with one. But I did today so AWESOME!!!!!!
It looks weird when it’s flat but it looks soooo much better when its cut out and the pieces are folded up. It’s official, I’m calling this one the spiked urchin. I actually want to make more of these for the final so stay tuned!!!
I decided to go with a long plant today cause I want to incorporate more long plants into this since I already have a lot of small plants. I really like this a lot too.
This one actually took longer to cut because it has a lot of parts. I tried to stand this plant up but it flops over so either for the final I’ll present it like that or maybe I’ll use wire to hold it up. (Still undecided) I made two for this day.
I decided to go more abstract with this one. I call this the whirl-flower. I also changed it up a bit by taking the outline part of the flower and folding it upward to make it more interesting.
I ended up doing two of these. One is medium sized, and the other is a little bit larger. This one was one of the harder ones to draw out. But it came out ok to me.
I had a lot of fun with this plant. I call it diamond grass. It is the skinniest plant I’ve made so far. I drew three diamonds and all of them are folded from front to middle to back.
I had one of my friends stand them up next to each other to see how it would look. I made a total of four of the diamond grass plants. This is the most plants I’ve made so far in a day. When I make more long plants I hope to make multiples of them which will make them look better as a whole.
This concludes my plants for this week.